Florcom Horticultural Services has been involved in consultation, research and training in horticulture for more than 20 years.
Dr Koos Henning
BSc MSc PhD
Sel: 082 4534 294
CURRICULUM VITAE Koos Henning
- Baccaleurs Scientiae: Plant and Soil Sciences. 1977 (PU for CHE).
- Baccaleurs Scientiae: Soil Science. 1978 (PU for CHE).
- Magister Scientiae: Soil Science. 1985 (PU for CHE).
- Philosophae Doctor: Plant and soil sciences. 1991 (PU for CHE).
- 1979 – 1988 Senior Agricultural Researcher. NIGG – Potchefstroom. Experience in research on nutrition and plant – water relations.
- 1989 – 1991 Production manager. Safropa Nursery. Experience on growing of chrysanthemums and carnations. Experience on fertigation and irrigation systems for greenhouses.
- 1992 – 1995 Director: EPIT (Research Unit for Intensive Horticulture), PU for CHE. Consultation, training and research for growers of cut flowers.
- 1994 – 1995 Member of the Senate of PU for CHE.
- 1994 – 1995 Member of the Science Council of the PU for CHE.
- 1992 – 1995: Lecture Plant nutrition – PU for CHE.
- 1992 – 1995: Lecture Cultivation practices cut flowers – PU for CHE.
- 1996 – 1997 Manager: Product Evaluation ENERKOM.
- Consultant for growers of export cut roses, chrysanthemums, carnations and vegetables, consultation on fertigation and growth mediums + full consultation package on all aspect of growing for prominent growers of export roses, chrysanthemums and carnations.
- Introduce and present training courses for farm workers, supervisors and growers in the greenhouse industry.
- Introduce substrate growing in South Africa.
- Introduce the A and B tank system of fertigation in South Africa.
- Acted as supervisor/ assessor for several MSc studies.
- 2001 – 2005 Manager: Eco Analytica: North West University: (Laboratory for soil and water analysis).
- Founder of Florcom Horticultural Services: Consultation services for the intensive Horticulture.
- Founder of florcomgardens.co.za: Database and services to the gardener and garden nurseries.
- Short courcses for growers of greenhouse crops (Cultivation techniques, fertigation, pests and diseases, climate control, growth mediums etc).
- Consultation for flower growers regarding all aspects of cultivation.
2015 – Training for growers of greenhouse crops is endorsed by the South African cut flower growers association.
Overseas visits: 1991 – Seven visits to the Netherlands and France.
Scientific publications: Eleven publications in science journals.
Conferences: Fourteen lectures at conferences for Soil Science, Horticulture and Crop production.